Summer foods offer abundant variety and your diet should reflect this. Seasonal fruits include apples, strawberries, boysenberries, cherries, raspberries, mangoes, honey dew melon, watermelon, passionfruit, pineapples, nectarines and peaches. Indulge in beautiful fruit compotes, blend delicious fruit smoothies and juice exotic fruits.
Summer is a season of abundance so use plenty of brightly coloured summer fruits and vegetables and enjoy making dazzling and creative meals. Enjoy this time of increased vitality.
Summer Fruits Icy Poles
- 1/2 medium watermelon
- Handful frozen blueberries/raspberries
- 3 kiwi fruits
- Frozen mango pieces
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 2 passionfruit
- Blend up the watermelon in a blender or food processor. It should be liquified and will be quite watery.
- Slice up strawberries and kiwi fruit (peel kiwi fruit first).
- Start by placing a mix of fruit (frozen and fresh) into the bottom of each mould. I like to place the kiwi pieces along the sides, they look so delicious this way!
- Spoon or pour in the watermelon mix. Gently tap the moulds so that everything settles and there are no gaps left.
- Place the stick into the mould and freeze for 4-5 hours or until completely set
- To easily get the ice blocks out of the moulds when ready to eat, run them under hot water for 5-10 seconds so they slip out of the mould.